YMCA is committed to promoting best practice and ensuring that Children, Young People and Adults at Risk are free from harm and abuse. Where harm and abuse is recognised or suspected, YMCA expects staff and volunteers to respond and refer in accordance with our Policy and operational procedures.
If you need to speak to someone about a safeguarding concern, you can:
1. call the Police on 999 if the concern presents an immediate threat to a person’s safety
2. call a YMCA Designated Safeguarding Lead, if the concern relates to a YMCA service user, staff member, volunteer, or activities taking place within YMCA buildings –
- Serreta Pritchard – 07904 954994
- Matt Penny – 07779 298283
- Email our Safeguarding Leads on email@example.com
If you are a staff member or volunteer submitting safeguarding information, please keep this email as confirmation of receipt.
Further information on safeguarding for your local authority area can be found at:
Children, young people and adults at risk – Health & Community Services by calling the customer services centre on 0300 123 4042
Adults at risk (if you believe an adult is receiving mental health services) – by calling the Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust on 0300 777 0707