Community Activities Apprentice
Location: Abbots Langley Health Club, Leavesden Country Park, Hertfordshire WD5 0GU
Hours: Full – Time, (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £7,898 - £13,748 per annum depending on age
Benefits: Defined contribution pension scheme, Health Cash Plan, discounted nursery costs at YMCA nurseries, free gym membership at our health clubs + free parking on site
One YMCA is currently working in conjunction with Three Rivers District Council (TRDC), recruiting for an Apprentice to join our Abbots Langley Health Club team in the aspect of Community Activities Coordinator.
Apprenticeships are a brilliant way to start your career. They give you an opportunity to learn and train while working alongside experienced staff to give you job-specific skills. You will undertake qualifications with a local training provider and have a mentor or supervisor in the work place to support you. This particular Apprenticeship is an opportunity to gain a qualification in Level 3 Leisure Management.
This role will support the centre manager in overseeing some exciting community projects YMCA is currently embarking on in and around the local area with the support of TRDC; which calls for a creative individual to come on board, show initiative and hit the ground running with regards to fresh ideas and the practical running of Community Activities in and around Leavesden Country Park.
The key elements of the post are to:
- To support the centre manager in achieving the KPI targets for the “Community Activity Programme” in partnership with the local Council
- To support the centre manager in organising, publicising and delivering an engaging local programme of activities, working with YMCA colleagues and partner agenciesTo adhere to YMCA policies and procedures to ensure the health & safety and safeguarding of staff, volunteers and service users engaged in the programme
- To collate, monitor and report on outcomes achieved by the Programme, remaining within YMCA data protection protocols
To be considered for this role you need to be able to fulfil the following criteria:
- Aged 17 or above (Essential)
- Not in full- time education
- Available to work full-time for at least 14 months
- Committed to the training and development provided
- Grade A-C in English, Maths and IT or
- Be willing to undertake Functional skills in English, Maths and IT
Key Experience, knowledge and Skills:
- First Aid at Work Qualification or willing to acquire
- Child Protection/Safeguarding knowledge or willing to acquire
- Access to and ability to drive a motor vehicle between sites
Alternatively, send your CV and Detailed Covering Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Midnight 10th August 2017
Interview Date: TBC