Hours: 30 hours per week
Salary: £14,480 per annum
The ECP is currently recruiting for experienced level 3, Early Years Practitioner to join our Children’s Centre team in Bedford.
The primary focus of the role is to support the Children’s Centre Manager in work with parents, carers, families and children that reflect the vision of the Children’s Centre and support the engagement of parents in the development and learning of their children. The post holder will work alone at times, for which a Lone working policy will apply.
Essential Knowledge, skills & Experience:
- Level 3 qualification in children and young people or early years
- Knowledge of the development needs of children from birth to 5 years and the importance of empowering parents to support their child’s learning and development.
- Experience of working within a childcare, family support or Children’s Centre setting
- Good working knowledge and understanding of current childcare legislation, national standards and frameworks
- Good understanding of safeguarding procedures (in relation to Child Protection) and Safeguarding Certificate
- Awareness of the roles and responsibilities of other agencies and professionals working with all children and families
- Experience of multi-agency working essential, experience of working in a children’s centre setting
- Experience of developing positive working relationships with a range of service users
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate or willingness to undertake training
- Good level of applied literacy and numeracy
- Computer literate, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and ability to learn new skills
- Full UK Driving License (Essential)
For a full Job Description and to Apply, please click on the link below.
For further information please contact Anne Franklin 01923 353610
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Midnight 14 February 2019
Interviews: week commencing 18 February 2019
Due to the large number of applications we regret that we cannot respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.