Location: One YMCA, Charter Place, Watford, Herts WD17 2RT
Hours: Part -Time (37 hours per week over 4 weeks )
08.00 – 21.00 and 21.00 – 08.00 ON A SHIFT PATTERN
Pay Rate: £9.00 per hour
Benefits: Defined contribution pension scheme, Health Cash Plan + More
One YMCA is currently seeking an experienced Day & Night Security Support Worker to join the Housing team based in Charter House, Watford on a permanent basis. This job is responsible for providing a timely, efficient and high-quality reception and night support service within the Housing Provision. Reception is the main point of contact either in person or by telephone for residents, visitors and the general public and the objective is to provide a first class, welcoming, informative, professional service at all times, whilst maintaining discretion and confidentiality towards all users and responsible for the safety and security of the residents and the building/site.
To provide an effective and professional and effective day & night reception service to residents and visitors including controlling access to the building and answering telephone calls and monitoring CCTV system to identify any incidents and taking prompt and appropriate action. Undertaking frequent and regular patrols of the building to identify any antisocial behaviour (e.g. noise levels) and taking appropriate action, as required.
May at times be required to handle rent payments
Essential Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of building safety and security
- Good understanding of the principles of customer centred service provision and experience of working in a customer focused environment
- IT literate with a working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office, in particular, Word, Excel and Outlook and willing to learn how to use YMCA specialist support software (Pyramid/Inform)
- Experience of working with and supporting vulnerable people
- Good standard of literacy in order to prepare concise but factorial notes and simple reports
- First Aid Qualification or willing to acquire
- Fire Marshall Qualification or willing to acquire
For a full Job Description and to Apply, click on the link provided.
For further information please contact HR on 01923 353 610
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Interview Date: on receipt of application