Skip to content
Can exercise reduce Cellulite?
What is Cellulite?
- Cellulite is the dimpled appearance of the skin that appears mainly around the thighs, hips and buttocks.
- Cellulite is more common is women then males due to body fat / muscle proportion.
- Cellulite can occur due to shortening of fibrous tissue cords that anchor the skin creating a dimple.
- Other factors can increase cellulite; age, pregnancy and family history.
How can exercise reduce Cellulite?
- Exercise can improve the area on the body and reduce cellulite by improving circulation and body fat / muscle proportion.
- Strength training can improve / reduce cellulite faster then cardio
- The top exercises for improving / reducing cellulite are:
- Squats: back squats, front squats & body weight squats
- Lunges: walking lunges, drop lunges & elevated lunges
- Step ups
- Interval sprints: treadmill, bike & rowing
For more information or advice on exercise please speak with one of our fitness instructors.