Imagine if there was something that could help your entire body work more efficiently and assist in your overall health and wellbeing. Spoiler alert – its water!
What is water?
Water is a created by a chemical reaction of hydrogen (h2) and oxygen (o2) giving us H2o which translates to water.
What does water do for us?
- Lubricates the joints
- Forms saliva and mucus
- Delivers oxygen throughout the body
- Maintains good skin health
- Assists in protecting the brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues
- Regulates body temperature
- Maintains a good digestive system
- Flushes body waste
- Helps maintain blood pressure
- Assists in goals such as fat loss, muscle building and strength conditioning
How is water excreted?
How much water do we need?
As you can see, water is used for almost everything we do and without it the body will find it hard to functional at an optimal level. To maintain good levels of water in the body we should be drinking around 2 litres of water per day.