We’re looking for an amazing person to help us deliver a great HR service to One YMCA.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box. But we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
- A track record of leading a small team of HR professionals
- Proven experience of delivering improvements in process and procedure
- Proven experience collaborative working with service managers and staff teams
- Up to date of knowledge of employment law, TUPE legislation, GDPR and their practical effective application.
About the role
We are looking for a confident HR Operations Lead who can support our organisation through the delivery of high quality transactional HR administration that ensures compliance with key internal and external policies, procedures and regulatory frameworks.
This is a challenging role where you will take an established HR team to the next level in a changing organisation.
Your experience and skills will support the continuation and future development of the team in supporting YMCA’s staff as they work to deliver our strategy.
One YMCA is a registered charity and housing association that delivers community-based services across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire. As part of this we help and support tens of thousands of young people to belong, contribute and thrive every single year.
We do this through the provision of accommodation (including supported housing), family centres, gyms and community hubs, a nursery and a range of youth services and clubs. Altogether, our team of over 300 talented colleagues deliver around £11 million of high impact community services through which people can develop in body, mind and spirit.
Working at One YMCA
In addition to the satisfaction gained from working in an Investors in People accredited organisation to support our varied client groups, this role offers:
- Starting salary of £34,669 (including a location allowance of £1,000)
- Holidays starting at 20 days (plus bank holidays), rising by one additional day per year to a maximum of 25 days (plus bank holidays)
- A group personal pension scheme where you contribute 4% and so do we
- A health cash plan (including an Employee Assistance Programme)
- Access to an online discount platform
- Free membership at our two health clubs
- Discounted place at our nursery
This role is based in central Watford.
Meeting face to face is something we value, so you will need to travel within our area.
Other stuff you need to know
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
In this case we will review CV’s as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications (and our calendars permit). We need to fill this role by the end of August 2019, so please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.
Click here for the Job description