Part-Time Gym Instructor
One YMCA, Russet Drive , St Albans , Herts .
Hours: Part Time – 15 hours per week .
Monday & Tuesday 07.30-15.00 or 14.00-22.00 on a rota basis
Salary: £7712.40 (£19,281 FTE) per annum incl. Location Allowance
Benefits: Defined contribution pension scheme, Health Cash Plan, discounted nursery costs at One YMCA nursery, free gym membership at our health clubs, Limited Free Parking
One YMCA is currently recruiting for an experienced, Level 2 or higher qualified Gym Instructor to join our Health Club based in St. Albans. We require a talented, passionate and FLEXIBLE person who can fulfil the required hours and is possibly willing to go between sites as and when necessary.
We currently run 2 Health and Fitness Clubs in Watford and St Albans that have brought affordable fitness to the area. Part of our plans for the coming period is to create projects that integrate these different elements of the charity, maximising YMCA’s positive impact on those who need it most.
This post is located at Abbots Langley Health Club and is part of a creative, cohesive and skilled team, ensuring that member’s health & fitness needs are met. Whereas the overall purpose of Health Club is to provide fitness services, the focus of each centre may vary according to the customer base.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- To hold a universally recognised fitness qualification Level 3+, approved by the Register of Exercise Professionals
- First aid certificate appointed person or willingness to undertake qualification
- Safeguarding Certificate or willingness to undertake training
- Exercise to Music and/or coaching qualifications
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation relevant to a fitness gym, the users and equipment
- Good level of knowledge of the health and fitness industry
- At least one year’s relevant work experience in a community focussed health & fitness facility
- Experience of working with hard to reach groups
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of boundaries and confidentiality
For a full Job Description and to apply click on the links provided.
For further information call Anne Franklin on 01923 353610
This role is subject to a DBS check.
Closing Date: Once post is filled
Interviews: on receipt of a successful application