Location: One YMCA, Charter House, Charter Place, Watford WD17 2RT
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours p/w
Contract Length: Permanent
Salary: £22,879 including Location Allowance
Benefits: Defined contribution pension scheme, Health Cash Plan, discounted nursery costs at One YMCA nursery, free gym membership at our health clubs
One YMCA Central Services is recruiting for an experienced, qualified Payroll Administator to join our busy Human Resources team based in Watford.
This role is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll information and HR administration to ensure our people are paid accurately and that proper HR and payroll records are maintained; as well as the effective and efficient provision of information, administration and assistance in managing the workforce to enable the provision of services to beneficiaries.
The key elements of the post are to:
- The key elements of the post are to:
a) Lead on the collation and recording of information for payroll and HR purposes
b) Act as the primary point of contact for staff queries around payroll.
c) Providing a range of payroll-related administration and support services, including administration of timesheets, transfer of information to and from outsourced payroll provider and administration of personnel information.
d) Providing effective, efficient and timely payroll information and assistance to enable and maintain an effective workforce.
e) Work collaboratively with key colleagues with the Central Services team and across the organisation.
Essential Knowledge, skills & Experience
- Good knowledge of HR administration, including key items of personnel information
- Practical understanding of payroll principles and processes – including issues around processing statutory payments (SSP/SMP, etc)
- Recognised CIPD or CIPP qualification (CIPD level 3 – Level 5 Desirable – or CIPP Payroll Technician)
- Understanding of the sensitivities within an HR environment (especially in relation to confidentiality and data protection)
- Previous experience of working within a human resources and/or payroll
- Previous experience of payroll administration (either in-house or with an outsourced provider)
- Using an up-to-date HRIS
If you think you have the necessary skills, qualifications & experience to be successful in this role, apply now to avoid disappointment!
For a full Job description click on the link provided.
To Apply, complete the application form below.
For further information please contact – Anne Franklin on 01923 353 610
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Once an appointment has been made