Location: Herts, Beds and Bucks. The post holder will have a primary work-base at an assigned YMCA location and will be expected to work across any YMCA sites according to operational requirements
Salary: £43,882 including £1000 location allowance.
Benefits: Include contributory pension scheme, health cash plan, free health club membership and discounted nursery care.
This job is responsible for leading on the YMCA’s safety, compliance and project arrangements. This includes ensuring that premises are fit for purpose, people are effectively trained on safety-related topics, risk assessment is embedded, operations are efficient and effective, business continuity and emergency planning arrangements are proportionate and robust, legislative compliance is delivered. Additionally, ensuring designated property projects are successful and value for money is achieved so that there is a positive safety culture.
The key elements of the post are to:
a) Lead as the YMCA’s strategic manager responsible for safety, compliance and project matters providing both a hands-on and advisory role to the Executive, Service Managers and all other staff.
b) Manage the YMCA’s services for:
a. Health and safety;
b. Mandatory and advisory training;
c. Property legislative compliance;
d. Risk assessment;
e. Business continuity and emergency planning;
f. SafeContractor (or equivalent) accreditation;
g. Capital and revenue property based projects;
h. Repairs – key performance indicator reporting;
i. Information security – eg. Data subject access requests and breach investigations.
c) Champion and ensure that effective and efficient health, safety and risk management policies, procedures, training and working practices and embedded across the YMCA in order to deliver high standards, consistency and value for money.
d) Lead of business continuity and emergency planning to ensure that response arrangements are proportionate, robust and trained out to relevant personnel.
e) Share good practice on property and safety matters across the organisation and disseminate information as appropriate.
Essentials skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Professionally accredited / membership of relevant professional institute (eg. IOSH or equivalent)
- Educated to degree / professional level in at least one of the following disciplines: Property management; Building surveying; Occupational health & safety; Facilities management
- Substantial experience of managing a property/maintenance service
- Comprehensive up to date knowledge of property and safety legislation and best practice
- Proven experience of a wide range of risk assessment approaches along with practical application covering a variety of activities
- Experience of business continuity and emergency planning arrangements
- Full driving licence with own transport
To apply, click on the link provided. For a full Job description click here. For further information please contact Anne in HR on 01923 353 610.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Midnight 7 April 2019.