Commissioned by Bedford Borough Council, we offer support from our Children’s Centres and community venues, as well as providing an outreach service that allows us to meet with families in their homes.
We work across three key areas: Perinatal Services, Children’s Activities and Parenting Support. Our service is used by expectant parents, carers and families with children up to five years old.
You may also have heard of us as Early Childhood Partnership (ECP) Bedford, or Bedford Borough Children’s Centres.
What does the Early Childhood Partnership do?
Our Children’s Centres focus on improving outcomes for young children and their families, with a particular focus on reducing inequalities for the most disadvantaged families. Our core areas of work are:
- Child development and school readiness
- Improved parenting aspirations
- Self-esteem and parenting skills.
Our Children’s Centres offer a space where families can:
- See your midwife
- See your health visitor
- Meet other families in your community and make friends
- Bring your child/children along to play and learn
- Join us in other fun activities
- Receive support and advice
- Learn a new skill
- Get information on a range of other local services
The list goes on and you will find more information about specific groups currently on offer through this website and our termly timetables available at your local children’s centre.
There are centres across Bedford where you will find all manner of support and activities, whatever your situation.
We would love to see you are one of the centres.Apply for 2 year old funding Bump, birth and baby stuff booking