Volunteer with us
Welcome to One YMCA. We’re thrilled that you want to volunteer to help us support our work and our mission to help people develop in mind, body and spirit.
What do One YMCA do?
One YMCA work here in the community to deliver a host of services which support those experiencing difficulty. As well as providing grassroots support, we offer people a way forward through practical help like childcare and youth work. We work across all faiths and backgrounds and are proud to be part of a network of over 14,000 YMCA groups throughout the world.
Our volunteers are with us for a whole range of reasons. For some, it’s the sense of being part of the solution, of having a positive impact in an increasingly negative world. Others need to bolster their CV or develop a particular skill. Many of our volunteers enjoy the new friendships they make and the energy they gain from being part of a community. Whatever your reason, the positive impact of the care our volunteers give our service users is invaluable.
How do I become a volunteer?
To keep everyone safe and make sure all our roles are crystal clear, we’ve designed a simple set of guidelines for our volunteer programme.
Before you apply
- Are you over 18?
- Do you have two referees?
- Are you happy to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check?
How to apply
- Complete our application form.
- Attend an interview.
- Get started!
After you join us
- We’ll give you a role description for each of your volunteer opportunities.
- We ask all our volunteers to attend our induction programme and take part in ongoing training that will help you in your role– some of this will be mandatory.
- We have a great selection of resources for you to read that will help you understand who we are and how we work.